If McDonald's is serving Shamrock Shakes then we're breaking these out.
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice, plus more for apples
- 1 lime wedge
- Sparkling sugar and/or flaky sea salt, for the glass
- 1½ oz. tequila blanco
- 1 oz. sour apple liqueur schnapps (such as Dekuyper’s Sour Apple Schnapps)
- ½ oz. triple sec
- Slice apple from top to bottom to a ¼"-thick round. Using a 2"-wide shamrock cookie cutter, cut a shamrock shape out of apple slice. Place in a small bowl and toss with some lime juice.
- Rub lime wedge around rim of a rocks or margarita glass. Place sparkling sugar on a plate, then dip rim of glass into sugar.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, schnapps, triple sec, and remaining ½ oz. lime juice. Fill shaker with ice, cover, and vigorously shake until outside of shaker is very cold and condensation forms on the outside, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into prepared ice-filled glass. Garnish with shamrock apple slice.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com