Maple-Mustard Chicken Legs
Winner winner, chicken dinner! These maple-mustard chicken legs are a real crowd pleaser.
- 12 oz. baby potatoes, halved
- 8 oz. small carrots, halved
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole chicken legs with thighs attached, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°. Toss potatoes and carrots in bottom of large baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange, skin-side up, on top of vegetables in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together mustards, maple syrup, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Brush on top of chicken and drizzle any extra over vegetables.
- Roast chicken until golden and a thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 160°, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush thighs with chicken drippings. Turn oven to broil and broil thighs until deeply golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then sprinkle with parsley before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com