Introducing Cabbage Parmesan... She’s low carb *and* #vegetarian and just as saucy as the original.
- ⅓ c. plus 2 tbsp. neutral oil, divided
- 1 large head green cabbage
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- ½ c. finely grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- 8 (1/4"-thick) slices fresh mozzarella
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with foil. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat ⅓ cup neutral oil. Cut 2 ends off cabbage, then cut cabbage lengthwise into 4 (1"- to 1½"-thick) slices. Carefully cut out core, making sure to keep layers intact, and arrange cabbage slices in skillet; season with salt. Cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to prepared sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, basil, and remaining 2 tablespoons neutral oil. Brush top of cabbage slices with garlic mixture. Spoon ¼ cup marinara sauce on each cabbage slice. Sprinkle with Pecorino Romano. Top with 2 slices mozzarella.
- Bake cabbage until cheese is melted and bubbly, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Arrange cabbage on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil and top with basil.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com