Creamy Asparagus Bacon Gnocchi
Comfort food just got a boost for spring.
- 5 slices bacon
- 8 oz. asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 1 lb. fresh gnocchi
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- ¾ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ c. finely grated Parmesan
- In a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Using tongs, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. When cool enough to handle, break into small bite-size pieces.
- Pour off excess fat into a small heatproof bowl, keeping enough to coat bottom of pan; reserve bacon fat for another use. Return pan to medium heat and add asparagus; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a bowl.
- Pour oil into pan if pan looks dry and heat over medium heat. Cook shallot and thyme, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add gnocchi, cream, broth, and ½ teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover pan, and cook 4 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened to desired consistency, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in asparagus and Parmesan. Top with bacon and thyme.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com