Fried Goat Cheese Bites
Ok but imagine these Fried Goat Cheese Bites on your salad.
- 1 (8-oz.) log goat cheese
- ⅓ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Freeze goat cheese 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pour flour into a small shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, beat egg until blended. In a third shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, dried thyme, and pepper. With clean fingers, rub about half of bread crumbs together, breaking down into finer crumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Unwrap goat cheese and slice into 12 rounds about ½" thick. Working one at a time, coat in flour, then dip in beaten egg, allowing any excess to drip off. Roll in seasoned bread crumbs, firmly pressing to adhere. Arrange breaded goat cheese on prepared sheet and refrigerate while oil is heating.
- Line a large plate with paper towels. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until an instant-read or deep-fry thermometer registers 350° (a bread crumb should sizzle when dropped in).
- Gently drop 4 breaded goat cheese bites into oil and fry until golden brown on the bottom, about 30 seconds. Using a fork, turn and continue to fry until golden brown on the second side, about 30 seconds longer. Transfer to prepared plate; immediately season with salt. Repeat with remaining goat cheese, adjusting heat as needed to keep oil hot.
- Arrange goat cheese bites on a platter. Drizzle with honey and top with fresh thyme.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com