Spanakopita Stuffed Shells
You get the best of both worlds with our Spanakopita Stuffed Shells
- Kosher salt
- 12 oz. jumbo shells
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (about 6) scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (10-oz.) packages thawed frozen spinach
- ½ c. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ c. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ c. ricotta
- 16 oz. feta, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (24-oz.) jar marinara
- ⅓ c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add scallions and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Add spinach, parsley, and dill and cook until wilted, 2 minutes. Let cool slightly, then transfer spinach mixture to a large bowl.
- Add eggs, ricotta, and feta to spinach mixture and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinara into a 9"-x-13" baking dish and spread into an even layer. Stuff cooked shells with spinach mixture and nestle into baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, 25 to 30 minutes. Divide shells among plates and spoon sauce over top before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com