One-Pot Adobo Chicken And Rice
Adobo sauce and chipotle chiles take this one-pot dinner to the next level. Ready in just under an hour, it’s sure to be a winner.
- 1½ lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 6)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika, divided
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1¼ c. long-grain white rice
- ¼ c. apple cider vinegar
- 2½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped, plus ¼ c. adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, ribs and stems removed, chopped
- Season chicken with salt, black pepper, ½ teaspoon cumin, and ½ teaspoon paprika.
- In a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add vinegar and stir until evaporated, about 1 minute more.
- Add broth, chiles, adobo sauce, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and remaining ½ teaspoon paprika and ½ teaspoon cumin. Return chicken to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a clean plate. Stir kale into rice mixture until wilted.
- Return chicken to skillet to serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com