Tequila Lime Chicken Sandwiches with Guacamole and Chipotle Mayo
This time, I made the ultimate chicken sandwich– loaded up with flavorful, juicy chicken, crisp bacon, melted cheese, spicy chipotle mayo, and cooling guacamole.
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- ¼ cup tequila
- Juice of 3 limes
- Juice of 1 orange
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3–4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- FOR THE CHIPOTLE MAYO:
- ¼ cup chipotle sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Combine all of the chicken ingredients in a large container or freezer bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight, or for at least an hour.
- While the chicken marinates, make the guacamole and chipotle mayo in 2 separate bowls. Make each by combining all of the ingredients and mixing well. Wrap the bowls and set in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil. Cook until crisp, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done marinating, preheat the broiler. Place the rack about 5 inches away from the heat source. Spray a broiler pan and place the marinated chicken on top. Feel free to pour some of the leftover marinade over the chicken.
- After the broiler has preheated, place the chicken under the broiler. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side and then check to make sure the chicken is cooked through. Place a piece of Monterey Jack cheese on top of the chicken and place under the broiler for an additional 30 seconds to a minute, or until melted.
- Layer the sandwiches in this order: bun, chipotle mayo, chicken, bacon, guacamole, cilantro, bun. Enjoy.
All rights and material belong to owners hostthetoast.com