Ramen Noodle Salad
This picnic classic is always the first thing to go.
- 2 3-ounce packets chicken-flavored ramen noodles, one seasoning packet reserved
- ½ c. chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ head red cabbage, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- ¼ head green cabbage, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 10.7-ounce can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- Preheat oven to 400º with a rack set in the middle. Break up ramen noodles into 1" pieces and mix on a rimmed baking sheet with almonds. Toast until golden, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring once. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together olive oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and honey in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add red and green cabbages, green onions, carrot, and sesame seeds. Let sit at least 20 minutes and up to 4 hours in the refrigerator, tossing occasionally.
- Just before serving, fold in Mandarin oranges, avocado, cooled noodles and almonds and toss to combine.
- Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com