Cabbage Roll Skillet
Cabbage rolls just became weeknight-dinner friendly.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. (90% lean) ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 c.)
- Kosher salt
- ½ c. long-grain white rice
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. granulated sugar
- Large pinch of ground cinnamon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 c. chopped green cabbage (from about 1 [9-oz.] head)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill or parsley leaves, plus more for serving
- In a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add beef and onion; season with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, breaking up beef with a wooden spoon, until beef is cooked through and browned and onion is tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add rice and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is lightly toasted and garlic is fragrant and light golden, about 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire, paprika, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ¾ cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then arrange cabbage over rice mixture. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until rice and cabbage are tender and the liquid is mostly absorbed, 22 to 25 minutes.
- Uncover, add dill, and stir to combine; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with more dill and serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com