Thai Drunken Carbonara Noodles
Thai Drunken Noodle meets Italian Carbonara and you'll be amazed at how well this works!
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- FOR THE PASTA:
- Kosher salt
- ½ lb. pappardelle
- 4 oz. pancetta, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. broccolini, cut into 2" pieces
- 4 scallions, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 bird's eye chile pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 c. fresh basil leaves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 6 minutes. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pancetta until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate, reserving the fat in the skillet.
- Add garlic to skillet over medium heat and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add sauce, broccolini, scallions, chile, and water and cook until broccolini has softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and basil and toss until combined. Cook, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and keep tossing and mixing over medium heat until eggs have just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with cooked pancetta.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com