Lemon-Blueberry Breakfast Cake
We're obsessed with this Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake.
- Cooking spray
- 3 c. (360 g.) all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2¼ c. (450 g.) granulated sugar, divided, plus more for dusting (optional)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. buttermilk, room temperature
- 3 c. fresh blueberries, divided
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13"-by-9" baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment, leaving a 2" overhang on both long sides. Grease parchment with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking soda until combined.
- In another large bowl, using handheld mixer on medium-high speed (or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment), beat butter, lemon zest, and 2 cups granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add half of dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined. Add buttermilk and remaining dry ingredients. Continue to beat on low speed until just combined. Fold 2½ cups blueberries into batter.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup blueberries and ¼ cup granulated sugar.
- Bake cake until light golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Using parchment overhang, lift cake out of pan. Dust with more granulated sugar, if desired, before slicing.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com