20 Minute Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp in Coconut Milk
An easy weeknight dinner that feels extra special and uses just one skillet...serve with a side of rice and mango salsa!
- 1½ pounds raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 inch fresh grated ginger, grated (or 1 teaspoon dried ginger)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, if desired, and chopped
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- zest and juice from 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
- MANGO SALSA
- 1 mango or 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 jalapeño, seeded (if desired), and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Pat the shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Add the garlic, ginger, cayenne, if using, jalapeños, and butter. Continue to cook the shrimp in the butter until the garlic begins to caramelize and turn light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, and the honey, stir to combine, bring the mixture to a simmer, cook 2-3 minutes, until warmed throughout. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and zest, add the cilantro, or basil.
- To make the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt.
- Serve the shrimp and sauce over rice. Top with salsa. Enjoy!
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com