Copycat Shake Shack Burger
We live, laugh, love a #copycat recipe (you know this) & these Shake Shack Burgers are perfect for MDW!
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 5 bread & butter pickle chips, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika (hot, smoked, or sweet)
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 Martin's potato rolls
- 2 lb. ground beef, divided into 8, 4-oz. balls
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices American cheese
- Sliced tomato, for topping
- Green leaf lettuce, for topping
- Into a blender, add mayo, pickles, ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. Blend until totally smooth and set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or griddle over medium heat. Separate the bun tops and bottoms without breaking the “hinges”. Working in batches, brush inside tops and bottoms of rolls with butter and toast in the skillet until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove rolls and increase heat to medium-high.
- Working in batches, add ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil to the skillet and heat until shimmering. Season the top of 2 ground meat balls heavily with salt and pepper then turn that side into the pan.
- Using a large spatula or press, smash the burgers until a little less than a ¼” thick. Season the tops with more salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until a deeply browned crust has formed.
- Flip each patty and top with cheese. Cook until the bottom has also formed a crust and the cheese has melted, an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- While the burgers cook, smear the top inside of a bun with a good schmear of the prepared sauce. Then top the bottom bun with the 2 patties, followed by a leaf of green lettuce, and 2 slices tomatoes.
- Wrap the burger in wax paper and serve immediately while you prepare the following 3 burgers.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com