Green Bean Salad
Did we mention there's feta?
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, rinsed, trimmed
- ¼ c. plus ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ c. pitted halved Kalamata olives
- 3 oz. feta, torn into chunks
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Stir in ¼ cup salt, then add green beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl halfway with ice. Pour in water so bowl is three-quarters full.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer green beans to ice water. Let sit until chilled, about 10 minutes. Drain and dry in a salad spinner or pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt until combined. Let sit 5 minutes. Whisk in pepper. While whisking, slowly add oil until emulsified.
- Add beans, onion, tomatoes, olives, and 2 ounces feta to dressing. Using tongs, lightly toss to combine. Top with remaining 1 ounce feta.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com