Caprese Chicken Foil Packs
'Tis the season of foil pack dinners and first up is this irresistible Caprese Chicken.
- 4 (8-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. (2 pints) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ c. homemade or store-bought pesto
- 8 oz. mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- ¼ c. packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; preheat 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Arrange 4 (16"-by-12") pieces of foil on a flat surface. Pull up sides to form a shallow boat. Divide tomatoes among foil packets. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon oil; season with ¼ teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Nestle 1 chicken breast into each foil packet and spread pesto over tops of chicken. Arrange mozzarella over pesto. Tightly fold foil packets to seal, leaving some room between foil and cheese.
- Grill, covered and rotating packets halfway through, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 165º, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Carefully open foil packets. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with basil.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com