BBQ Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
Simple to throw together, but packs in the flavor...it's that "salad" everyone really wants to EAT!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite size chunks
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 pound short cut pasta
- 1½ cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ears grilled or steamed corn
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, if desired, and chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro and or basil, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- CREAMY RANCH
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ cup olive oil mayo
- ¼-1/2 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Set your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and BBQ sauce. Grill the chicken until lightly charred and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking. Cook about 8-10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain and add to a large salad bowl with the cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, corn, jalapeño, cilantro, and basil.
- To make the ranch. Combine all ingredients in a bowl or glass jar. Taste, adding salt and pepper as needed.
- Toss the pasta with half the ranch. Add the chicken and gently toss to combine.
- Top the pasta with avocado. Season with freshly cracked pepper and salt. Serve warm or cold with additional ranch as desired.
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com