Crispy Italian Chicken and Bacon Salad with Pesto Tahini Dressing and Sourdough Croutons
Simple, colorful, flavorful, AND filling...the perfect balanced salad!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups torn sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 pound chicken cutlets or tenders
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup mozzarella balls
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 4 slices cooked thick-cut bacon, crumbled
- PESTO TAHINI DRESSING
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Toss together 2 tablespoons olive oil, the bread, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until toasted.
- Meanwhile, place the Panko, parmesan, and 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl. Dredge both sides of the chicken through the Panko, pressing to adhere by using your fist to really make the crumbs stick. Place the chicken on a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook until golden brown on the other side, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and season with salt. Slice into thin strips.
- To make the salad. Combine the greens, tomatoes, mozzarella, avocados, and bacon in a salad bowl.
- To make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken in with the salad. Add a little of the dressing. Enjoy!
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com