These crispy, juicy Fried Pickles are just the snack you were looking for!
- 12 large pickle spears, drained and patted dry
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c. panko
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- ¼ c. Ranch dressing, for serving
- 1 tbsp. Hot sauce, for serving
- Prepare the pickles: Slice pickle spears lengthwise into thirds or quarters, depending on how thick they are, to create thin spears.
- Set up the dredging station: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, garlic powder, and kosher salt. Put the eggs in a separate medium bowl and the panko in a third bowl. Working a few spears at a time, dredge the pickle spears in the flour mixture, toss the spears in the eggs, then dredge in panko.
- Make the spicy ranch: Mix together ranch and hot sauce, adding more hot sauce if desired. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Fry the pickles: Pour about 1½-in vegetable oil into a large, deep skillet. Heat over medium heat until the oil reaches about 350 degrees F, or until the oil is shimmering. (If a splash of water sizzles when you flick it into the pan, it’s ready.) Working in batches, add 3-4 pickle spears to the hot oil using tongs. Do not crowd the pan, or the oil will cool! Cook until the spears are golden brown on one side, about 1 minute, then flip and cook until the second side is golden, about a minute more. Place the fried pickles on a cooling rack lined with paper towels. Serve hot with spicy ranch.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com