Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Pie crust? Don't know her. These buttery biscuits are the secret to the easiest chicken pot pie ever.
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 3 medium carrots, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 3 stalks celery, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 c. cooked shredded chicken
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 (16.3-ounce tube) biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 375º with rack in the center. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, thyme, and ½ teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add flour, and stir to coat vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes more, then add milk, broth, mustard, garlic powder, and remaining ½ tsp salt, whisking to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring often, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Fold in chicken and peas .
- Transfer mixture to a 13"-x-9" baking dish. Arrange biscuits on top of filling. Sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Bake until filling is bubbling and biscuits are golden and risen, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com