Chewy Chocolate Cookies
The secret ingredient in these Chewy Chocolate Cookies is genius!
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1¼ c. (2½ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 c. granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ c. chocolate chips (semi- or bittersweet)
- Adjust an oven rack to center position, and preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer), cream the butter, sugar, and instant coffee granules on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, fully incorporating between each addition. Add the vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture all at once, and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips, being careful not to over mix the dough.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 2 tablespoons dough, and place onto baking sheets 3" apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes. The cookies will still be very soft, but will firm up as they cool. Let them sit for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to continue cooling. Repeat in batches as needed.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com