Buffalo Chicken & Rice Casserole
This spicy, creamy Buffalo Chicken & Rice Casserole makes for the easiest weeknight meal.
- 1 tbsp. neutral oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ c. white long-grain rice
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 c. shredded cooked chicken (about 1 lb.)
- ¾ c. store-bought Buffalo sauce
- 1 c. crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 c. shredded white cheddar (about 4 oz.)
- Sliced scallions, blue cheese crumbles, and sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 7 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add garlic powder and onion powder; season with salt and pepper. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Step 2
- Transfer rice mixture to a 13"-by-9" baking dish. Add cream cheese and stir until combined. Add broth, chicken, and Buffalo sauce and stir again to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and bake casserole until rice is tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil. Stir casserole, then top with crackers and cheddar. Continue to bake, uncovered, until cheese is melty and crackers are darkened, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Top with scallions and blue cheese. Serve with sour cream alongside.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com