Crunchy Teriyaki Cauliflower Wings
Say hello to the crispiest, crunchiest Teriyaki Cauliflower “Wings” you’ll ever eat!
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped into even-size florets
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips any kind will work I like Siete foods brand
- ¾ cup gluten-free all purpose flour or regular all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour or arrowroot or corn starch
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⅔ cups store-bought teriyaki sauce
- 1 bunch scallions finely chopped, mostly greens
- Sesame seeds optional
- 1 bottle of ranch dressing optional
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with a silicone sheet or parchment paper or greased foil.
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets, making sure they are relatively the same size.
- Crush the tortilla chips in a blender, making sure to leave some textured crumbs, then transfer the crushed chips to a shallow bowl.
- Next, prepare the batter.
- In a medium/large bowl, whisk together the flour, tapioca flour, milk, pepper, salt and garlic powder, making sure there are no clumps. If the batter is too thick, feel free to thin it out with some more milk and vice versa.
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter mixture (you can add them all at once), using a spatula or spoon to coat them all.
- Transfer them to the crushed tortilla chips to coat completely, then place them onto the baking sheet one at a time, giving each wing enough space to bake.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, pour the teriyaki sauce into a large shallow bowl. If the sauce is very thick, add a few tablespoons water.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Dip the cauliflower into the teriyaki mixture and return to the baking sheet. You can also use a brush to paint the teriyaki sauce on; just make sure the cauliflower are coated very well in the sauce.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with the chopped scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with the ranch dressing, and enjoy immediately.
All rights and material belong to owners kalejunkie.com