Baked Garlic Parmesan Buffalo Chicken Wings
The easiest sheet pan baked chicken wings...add a side of fries and you’ve got all you need!
- 2 pounds chicken wings or drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1-2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- blue cheese or ranch dressing, for serving
- sliced green onions, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or rub with oil.
- On the sheet pan, toss together the chicken wings, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the flour and toss again. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, tossing to coat. Drop the garlic cloves around the chicken. Bake for 20 minutes then pull the garlic off the pan. Flip the the wings, then return to the oven and bake another 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is crispy and cooked through. My wings needed 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Remove the garlic skin and chop/mash the roasted cloves into a paste. In a saucepan set over medium heat, melt together the hot sauce, butter, seasoned salt, and cayenne. Stir until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and mix in the garlic.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and toss with parmesan. Then pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken and toss the chicken wings up in the sauce. Bake another 5 minutes, until the buffalo sauce is baked onto the chicken.
- Serve the chicken and buffalo sauce with green onions and blue cheese or ranch dressing. YUM!
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com