Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread
This cheesy buffalo chicken-stuffed swirl bread is EVERYTHING!!
- 320ml warm water
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- 1½ tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 450g bread flour
- 4 chicken breasts
- 175g cream cheese
- 75ml sour cream
- 100ml hot sauce
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 250g mozzarella, grated
- 150g butter
- 50ml hot sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Pop the water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and leave for 10 mins for the yeast to activate. Add the olive oil, salt and flour and stir to combine. Tip onto a floured surface and knead for 5 mins until the dough is totally smooth. Put in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave somewhere warm to prove for about an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Heat your oven to 200C/400F.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan on a high heat. Add your chicken breasts and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until they are golden and cooked through.
- Shred the chicken breasts in a bowl. Add your cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, cheddar, spring onions, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
- Roll your dough out into a large rectangle. Sprinkle your dough with mozzarella then spread with your chicken mixture.
- Roll your dough up into a log, then roll the log in on itself to create a spiral.
- Place the spiral on a tray and leave to rise for 15 mins.
- Brush with oil then bake for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine your melted butter, hot sauce, garlic and chives. Brush your spiral liberally with your spicy butter glaze and serve whilst still hot (but it will still be delicious at room temperature too!).