Espresso Bourbon Bread Pudding
This Espresso Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce is warm, cozy, and completely addicting. The ultimate comfort food for the holidays!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbl brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup espresso
- ¼ cup Bearcat Bourbon infused with Espresso & Aromatic bitters
- ½ cup candied pecans, chopped
- 10 slices day old brioche bread, cubed
- For the sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ – ½ cup Bearcat Bourbon infused with Espresso & Aromatic herbs
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Cut day old brioche bread into cubes.
- Make the custard sauce by beating eggs, whole milk and cream, melted butter, Bearcat Bourbon infused with Espresso with Aromatic Bitters, cinnamon, espresso and white and brown sugar. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Place cubed bread in a large baking dish, bowl, or something you can fold the bread and custard easily.
- Then pour the egg mixture over top of the bread, giving it a stir as you go so that all bread is evenly. Fold in chopped candied pecans.
- Spoon into individual ramekins and let sit for 20 minutes before baking.
- Then bake the mixture in your preheated oven at 375F for 35 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour over baked bread pudding.
All rights and material belong to owners windycitydinnerfairy.com