Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Crispy Prosciutto
An all-in-one dinner that everyone at the table will love...great for busy weeknights!
- 1½ pounds thin cut chicken breasts
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose or gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces prosciutto, torn
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- red pepper flakes
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup peeled and chopped raw potatoes
- ¾ cup heavy cream or canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, roughly chopped
- fresh basil
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Place the flour in a shallow bowl and dredge the chicken through the flour, pressing to adhere.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the prosciutto and cook until crispy all over, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the chicken and sear on both sides until golden, about 3-5 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Pour in the broth. Add the potatoes and chicken. Partially cover and cook over medium heat until the potatoes are fork tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Pour in the cream. Add the dijon, lemon juice, parmesan, and Tuscan kale. Cook until the kale is wilted, 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with crispy prosciutto and fresh basil.
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com