BRB, we've got a lunch date with this Burrata Salad.
- 3 lb. heirloom or beefsteak tomatoes (about 4 large), sliced into ½" rounds
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ⅓ c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 (4-oz.) balls burrata, drained and room temperature
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. sliced fresh chives
- Crusty bread, for serving
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes and shallot; season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle oil and vinegar over. Let sit until tomatoes have released their liquid and shallots are softened, about 30 minutes.
- In a small skillet over low heat, toast panko, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Layer tomatoes on a large platter. Spoon shallot and juices over top. Sprinkle with panko. Arrange burrata in center of tomatoes and crack open with your hands. Sprinkle with basil, chives, salt, and pepper. Serve with bread alongside.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com