Sour Cream & Onion Dip
Pro tip: Homemade Sour Cream & Onion Dip does it better.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ⅓ c. sliced chives
- 1¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking until onions are deeply golden, about another 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, sour cream, mayonnaise, and chives. Add salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com