Caramelized Onion Dip
Looking for a last-minute crowd-pleaser to bring to the holiday party? Let our DIY Caramelized Onion Dip do the work
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large yellow onions (1¾ lb. total), thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- ½ c. (4 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ c. (4 oz.) sour cream
- ⅓ c. mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. sliced chives
- Potato chips, such as Ruffles, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Swirl in oil. Add onions and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to break down and soften, 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and deeply caramelized, 40 to 55 minutes more. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool completely.
- Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper. Top with chives. Serve with chips alongside.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com