Crockpot Creamy Garlic Pork Loin
An easy, comforting and tender crockpot meal everyone will love.
- 2 lb (1.100kg) center cut boneless pork loin (or two 1 lb. pork tenderloins)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white wine (plus a bit more to deglaze pan)
- ½ cup chicken broth or stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 3 fresh sage leaves (1 for cooking, 2 for garnish)
- Season pork loin on all sides with paprika, salt and pepper, to taste (you can score the fat for a nicer look). Heat the oil with a sage leave in a large Dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork loin to the pan and saute the pork for about 5 minutes on each side, then place in a crockpot or slow cooker.
- Stir in wine, chicken stock, shallots, crushed chili pepper flakes, garlic and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours, or until the pork is completely cooked. Remove pork from the slow cooker, cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and cornstarch. Stir into the slow cooker with the cooking juices and replace cover. Cook on high heat for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- In the meantime, cut the pork loin in slices. Then place the sliced pork loin in the slow cooker to reheat for a couple of minutes. Garnish with sage leaves and serve this delicious slow cooker creamy garlic pork loin over rice, pasta or any vegetable immediately with the cream sauce.
All rights and material belong to owners eatwell101.com