This flavorful turkey chili features ground turkey, colorful beans and vegetables, and plenty of herbs and spices to keep you full and happy!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 15oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 15oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15oz. can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cups water
- Add the olive oil and ground turkey to a large pot and cook over medium heat until the turkey is cooked through. Break the ground turkey up into pieces as it cooks.
- While the turkey is cooking, dice the onion and poblano pepper, and mince the garlic. Add the onion, poblano, and garlic to the pot and continue to sauté for a few minutes more, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the canned beans (drained), frozen corn (no need to thaw), diced tomatoes (with juices), tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and water. Stir to combine.
- Place a lid on the pot and allow the chili to come up to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 30 minutes (or longer, if preferred), stirring occasionally. After 30 minutes, taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking, then serve.
All rights and material belong to owners budgetbytes.com