Mummy Hot Dogs
The kids will love these homemade Mummy Hot Dogs made with turkey franks – a fun kid-friendly appetizer for Halloween!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, whole wheat or gluten-free mix, plus more for dusting (5 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, I recommend Stonyfield or Fage 0%
- 1 egg white, beaten (whole egg works fine too)
- 8 turkey hot dogs, such as Applegate Naturals, halved crosswise
- 1 package candy eyes
- mustard or ketchup, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is smooth and tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Dust your work surface and a rolling pin with more flour.
- Roll the dough out thin into a rectangle. Slice the dough into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Wrap the dough around each hot dog half leaving room for the eyes and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining hot dogs and dough.
- Brush each with the egg wash and bake in oven for 12 minutes.
All rights and material belong to owners skinnytaste.com