Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast
Take one savory meat and wrap it in another to make Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast — juicy breasts infused with the salty demeanor of bacon strips.
- 2 chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 4 thick-bacon strips
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- Fill a large bowl with 2 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of salt. Stir to combine until the salt is dissolved. Add the chicken breasts and let them brine for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the brine. Rinse them with cold water. Pat dry on a paper towel.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Place the chicken breasts in a large baking dish. Season the chicken on both sides with a pinch of sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two strips of bacon until completely coated, then brush with the olive oil and top with the thyme leaves.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy. Remove the baked chicken breast from the oven and transfer to a clean plate. Let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
All rights and material belong to owners bakedbree.com