Perfect Fried Rice
Who needs takeaway when you've got this perfect fried rice?
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. peeled and crushed ginger (from a 2.5cm piece)
- 800 g cooked long grain rice (preferably leftover)
- 115 g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Beat egg with 2 teaspoons water and a large pinch salt and add to skillet. Cook, stirring to form large soft curds, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil, the carrots, and whites of the spring onions. Cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add rice, peas, and cooked eggs to skillet. Pour in soy sauce and cook, stirring until heated through, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the remaining spring onions.