Mac 'N Cheese Waffles
Proof that a waffle iron makes everything better.
- 1 (6-8 oz) box macaroni and cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. milk
- 1½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ c. bread crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray, for the waffle iron
- In a medium saucepan filled with boiling water, cook macaroni until al dente, about 7-8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pot over low heat. Add milk and cheese packet and whisk well. Turn off the heat and return macaroni to pot. Add 1 cup cheddar and stir until the cheese has melted and the macaroni is evenly coated in the cheese sauce. Stir in egg and bread crumbs until evenly combined.
- Meanwhile, preheat the waffle iron. When the waffle iron is hot, spray with cooking spray. Scoop about ½ cup of the macaroni and cheese into the center of the grate and sprinkle with more cheese. Close the iron and cook until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Use forks to carefully remove the waffle from the iron. Repeat until you’ve used up all the macaroni and cheese.
- Serve warm.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com