Creamy Tortellini Minestrone
Pockets of cheesy pasta in this Creamy Minestrone soup to the next level.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large rib celery, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can fire-roasted or plain diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. green beans, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces (about 1 c. total)
- 1 (10-oz.) bag cheese tortellini
- 2 c. baby spinach leaves
- ½ c. half-and-half
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook onion, carrot, celery, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until onion is starting to soften, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute more.
- Add broth, chickpeas, tomatoes and any juices in can, kidney beans, Italian seasoning, and 1 cup water; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes. Add zucchini and green beans and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, usually 2 to 3 minutes less than package instructions. Drain pasta.
- Add pasta and spinach to vegetable mixture and cook, tossing, until spinach is wilted and tortellini is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove pot from heat and stir in half-and-half; season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Divide soup among bowls. Top with Parmesan.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com