5-Ingredient Almond Croissant
And it's still so dang good.
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened, plus more, melted, for brushing
- ⅓ c. (67 g.) packed light brown sugar
- 1 c. (100 g.) almond flour, plus more for surface
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ c. (20 g.) sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and beat to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each sheet of puff pastry to a 16"-by-12" rectangle. Transfer one rectangle to a large baking sheet, trimming pastry to fit as needed. Using your hands, spread butter mixture in an even layer over pastry, leaving a ¼" border. Brush edges with melted butter. Top with second sheet of pastry. Brush top with melted butter. Top with almonds.
- Bake crossiant, covering with foil if almonds start to darken too quickly, until pastry is deeply golden brown and puffed, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar (if using).
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com