One-Pot Shawarma Chicken and Orzo Skillet
Need a quick one-pan dinner? This Shawarma Chicken & Orzo Skillet will do the trick— plus, leftovers make fantastic lunches!
- 1½ lb. chicken tenders or chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz. orzo (about 2 c.)
- ¼ c. finely chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
- ½ English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ c. crumbled feta (about 2 oz.)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, toss chicken, coriander, paprika, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- In a large high-sided skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add half of chicken mixture and cook, turning halfway through, until golden and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate. Repeat with 1 tablespoon more oil and remaining chicken mixture.
- Wipe any dark bits from pan with a clean paper towel, if necessary. Return skillet to medium heat. Cook garlic and 1 tablespoon oil, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, orzo, and ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to heat to medium-low and gently simmer, stirring frequently, until liquid is mostly absorbed and orzo is tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in dill, and top with chicken mixture.
- In a medium bowl, toss cucumber, tomatoes, feta, lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon cucumber salad over chicken mixture. Top with more dill.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com