Chicken-Avocado Caprese Salad
This week's salad season spotlight goes to...Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad!
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- ½ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb. total)
- ¾ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (about 8 c.)
- 2 small or 1 large avocado, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-oz.) container mini mozzarella balls, drained, halved or quartered if large
- 1 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ c. packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk vinegar, syrup, mustard, and ¾ teaspoon salt. While whisking, slowly pour in oil until combined.
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet into ½"-thick pieces. Transfer chicken to a large bowl; season all over with Italian seasoning, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Pour ¼ cup balsamic dressing over chicken; refrigerate remaining dressing until ready to use. Turn chicken to coat and let marinate, tossing a few times, at least 15 minutes at room temperature, or cover bowl and refrigerate up to 3 hours.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; heat 5 minutes (or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat). Grill chicken, turning halfway through, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, divide lettuce, avocado, mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil among bowls. Thinly slice chicken and arrange in bowls. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com