Crispy Parmesan and Pesto Egg in a Bagel
Serve with avocado and herbs for a fun twist on the bagel sandwich to enjoy any day of the week!
- 1 bagel, halved
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 eggs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- chili flakes
- Make sure the bagel's hole is ¾ inch wide. Use your fingers to pull the hole bigger, if needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the the top bagel half, cut side facing up, to one side of the skillet. To the other side, sprinkle ½ of the cheese in a circle the size of your bagel. Spoon ½ the pesto over the cheese. When the cheese melts, about 1 minute, flip the bagel, cut side facing down, onto the cheese. Crack 1 egg into the bagel hole. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, until the whites are set, but the yolk is still runny, 6 to 8 minutes, or to your preference. Repeat with the remaining bagel half.
- In a bowl toss together the avocado, arugula, dill, lemon, sesame, chili flakes, and salt. Serve with the bagel.
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com