Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Burrata
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Burrata. Day 3 in a row of pasta…but can you ever have too much pasta?? I think no.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 shallot; chopped
- 5 red bell peppers; stemmed, seeded, & sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove; chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 8 ounce burrata
- fresh basil leaves and red pepper flakes for serving
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until softened. Add the peppers, thyme, oregano, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the peppers have softened and caramelized for about 20 minutes. Stir often. Add the garlic and balsamic vinegar and cook for another few minutes. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the herbs from the sauce stir in the cream. Using an immersion blender, blend the sauce until smooth and creamy. Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta. Drain, saving 1 cup of cooking water. Add the pasta to the sauce. Top with parmesan and stir to combine over low heat. Add pasta water as needed. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve topped with burrata, basil, and red pepper flakes.
All rights and material belong to owners danieladish.com