Garlicky Roasted Cauliflower Pasta
Looking to add more veggies to your meals? Look no further. Make our Garlicky Roasted Cauliflower Pasta.
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 tbsp. plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. rigatoni
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ c. roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425°. Cut ¼” off the top of head of garlic so that the tops of the cloves are exposed. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and a small pinch of salt. Wrap in foil and roast until deeply golden, about 45 minutes. When done, open foil and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
- On a large sheet tray, toss cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and arrange in an even layer. Roast alongside garlic, until golden and bottoms start to crisp, about 30 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water, then drain.
- Squeeze garlic cloves out of head into a small bowl and smash into a rough paste with a fork.
- In same pot pasta was cooked in, add smashed garlic, reserved pasta water, and Parmesan. Stir to mostly melt cheese and evenly distribute garlic. Add pasta and toss to coat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and lemon juice and season with more salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss in roasted cauliflower.
- Garnish with toasted walnuts and more Parmesan to serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com