Fig and Goat Cheese Pinwheels
These Fig and Goat Cheese Pinwheels are the ultimate unique and delicious holiday treat! Creamy goat cheese, perfectly sweet fig preserves and thyme makes these flaky pastries ultra delicious!
- 1 thawed sheet puff pastry (13.2 oz)
- ½ cup fig preserves
- 4 oz log goat cheese, crumbed
- 4-5 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, for egg wash
- Unroll the thawed puff pastry and place on parchment paper. Spread the fig preserves on top - making sure it’s evenly spread with about 1 inch or less of puff pastry still left untouched on the sides.
- Crumble the goat cheese evenly on top of the fig preserves. Add the brown sugar and fresh thyme, making sure it’s evenly spread.
- Gently roll it up into a log, making sure the roll stays tight and nothing is spilling out as you go. Once rolled, I rolled up my parchment paper around it.
- Pop the roll in the freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- Remove and spread out the parchment paper. Use a SHARP knife to slice them in ½ inch pinwheels. I found that wiping my knife after each cut was beneficial.
- Once sliced, spread them evenly out on the parchment paper on a large sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, beat one large egg to make an egg wash. Lightly brush the tops of the pastries with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastries are golden and flaky!
- Garnish with sprinkles of additional brown sugar and thyme. Enjoy while warm!
All rights and material belong to owners ourbalancedbowl.com