Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Bites
Your new fave holiday app.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-oz. package), thawed in refrigerator
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp. honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil and butter. Add onions, 2 teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until very onions are very caramelized, about 35 minutes. Stir in vinegar and thyme. Let cool to room temperature.
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut each puff pastry sheet into 9 (3"-by-3") squares. Transfer squares to prepared sheets. Top each with about 1 tablespoon onions, leaving a ½" border on all sides. Brush exposed edges with egg. Divide goat cheese among squares.
- Bake tarts, rotating sheets front to back halfway through, until puffed and golden brown, 25 to 28 minutes. Drizzle a little honey on each tart. Top with more thyme and pepper. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com