Cajun Pepper Shrimp with Creamed Corn Orzo
Peppery, spicy, garlicky, and buttery shrimp is pan-seared with bell peppers and served over creamy, corny, and herby orzo pasta all made in about 30 minutes!
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 ears corn kernels, removed from the cob
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- ⅓ cup dry white wine such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- ½ cup canned coconut cream or heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan or Asiago cheese
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on or off (about 24 shrimp)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 uncooked Andouille sausage links, meat removed from casings
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- To make the orzo. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter, the corn, 2 tablespoons thyme, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until the corn is golden. Stir in the orzo and cook until toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Add the wine to the skillet and de-glaze the pan. Add the 2 cups water and bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer 8-10 minutes until the orzo is al dente. Stir in the milk and parmesan, cook another few minutes until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, make the shrimp. In a medium bowl, toss together the shrimp, cajun seasoning, and a large pinch of pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the sausage and brown all over, about 5 minutes. Add the peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until the peppers are soft and tender, remove the sausage and peppers from the skillet to a plate.
- Return the skillet to high heat and add the olive oil. Add the shrimp and sear on both sides until pink, about 2-3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons butter, the garlic, and 1 tablespoon thyme, toss to coat and cook until the garlic is fragrant and caramelized, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil, lemon juice, and reserved sausage and peppers.
- To serve, spoon the orzo onto plates, top with shrimp and peppers. Enjoy!
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com