Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Cinnamon, cinnamon and more cinnamon: This cheesecake has cinnamon in its crust, filling and glaze.
- For graham cracker crust:
- 2 cups (250 g) graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp sugar
- For the cheesecake batter:
- 32 oz (900 g) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240 ml) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, 1 lemon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cinnamon roll filling
- 8 tbsp butter, melted
- 1¼ cups (250 g) brown sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- For the cinnamon glaze:
- 1½ cups (150 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. To make the graham cracker crust use a food processor and pulse graham cracker until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter, cinnamon and sugar. Pulse until combined. Fill in prepared 8 or 9-inch springform pan. Press into bottom and ½ inch up the sides. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack and change the oven temperature to 300 °F. Heat up some water for the water bath.
- While the crust is baking make the cinnamon roll filling. In a medium sized bowl add flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix it with a spatula or whisk. Add melted butter and mix until smooth. This is making quite a bit of a sweet filling. If you like it less sweet I would recommend to make only half of the filling.
- To make the cheesecake batter use a large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese and mix it with flour and sugar on the lowest setting of an electric mixer until smooth. This should take about 4 minutes. Add sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice and mix it in. Then add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- To assemble the cheesecake fill about a third of the cinnamon roll filling into the cooled crust. Spread it with a spatula to cover the whole surface. Then fill half of the cheesecake batter into the crust and smooth it out. Add the rest of the filling and smooth it. Then top it with the rest of the cheesecake batter and smooth it with a spatula. Place the cake in the oven in a water bath on a lower rack. I like to use a large sheet pan and fill it up with hot water but you can place the cake directly into a water bath just make sure that you wrap it well with aluminum foil. Then bake at 300 °F for about 90 to 110 minutes. After baking turn off the oven without opening it and let the cheesecake cool in oven for about 15 minutes. Then remove water bath and take out the cheesecake on a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it from the pan. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Before serving the cheesecake make the cinnamon glaze. In a medium sized bowl combine powdered sugar and cinnamon with a whisk or spatula. Then add heavy cream and mix it until smooth. It should have a thick consistency. If it is too thick you can add up to a tablespoon of heavy cream more. Then remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and pour the glaze on top of it. Spread it with a spatula to make it smooth.
- Enjoy cold!
All rights and material belong to owners luisabakes.com