Sheet Pan Hot Honey Garlic Chicken and Zucchini
Easy homemade, crispy chicken, tossed in a spicy-sweet hot honey garlic sauce - delish!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour or use gluten-free
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini/yellow summer squash, sliced
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- blue cheese or ranch dressing, for serving
- avocado, basil, sliced green onions, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or rub with oil.
- On the sheet pan, toss together the chicken, paprika, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the flour and toss again. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, tossing to coat. Arrange the chicken to one side of the baking sheet. Add the zucchini to the other side. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a saucepan set over medium heat, melt together the hot sauce, butter, garlic, chipotle chili powder and cayenne. Stir until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and mix in the honey and a season with salt.
- Pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken, toss the chicken up in the sauce. Bake another 5 minutes, until the hot honey sauce is baked onto the chicken.
- Serve the chicken, zucchini, and hot honey with chunks of avocado, basil, green onions and blue cheese or ranch dressing. I love this over rice, but it's also great with french fries too!
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com