If you want a low-calorie, healthy snack, you’ll love this air-popped Ranch Popcorn with homemade ranch popcorn seasoning!
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- olive oil spray
- For Ranch popcorn seasoning:
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon buttermilk powder
- Combine the ranch popcorn seasoning ingredients in a small bowl.
- Air pop or microwave the popcorn. See above for my favorite microwave gadget for microwaving popcorn with no oil. If you don’t have an air popper, you can also make it on the stove as follows:
- Place popcorn kernels in the bottom of a large heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven in an even layer (if you add more kernals, the saucepan will not have room for them once the pop!) over medium heat and cover.
- Stay close to the stove as you’ll need to listen to the kernels as they pop. Listen for the kernels to start popping, at first they will pop vigorously. When there is an interval of a second or two between the pop sounds remove from heat, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- While popcorn is still hot, spritz with olive oil and top with ranch seasoning and toss well.
All rights and material belong to owners skinnytaste.com