Crock Pot Pasta Sauce with Sausage
This easy, 5-ingredient Crock Pot Pasta Sauce made with chicken or turkey sausage is perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 lb chicken Italian sausage, or turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knive
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes, I swear by Tuttorosso green label
- crushed red pepper flakes , or fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon.
- When sausage is browned, drain any fat if needed and transfer to the crock pot.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and set heat to high; when hot add the oil.
- Add garlic and cook until golden but do not burn; add tomatoes and garlic to crock pot along with fresh cracked pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- If you wish, take an immersion blender and blend the sauce a 2-3 seconds to break the sausage up into smaller pieces to combine with the sauce.
- Serve over your favorite pasta or veggie noodles!
All rights and material belong to owners skinnytaste.com